SELECT Hospital Tips
PDF Safety InfoPDF TIPIT Spec SheHospitals, correctional facilities, schools and other institutions can use SELECT's TIPIT® hospital tips to make doorways safer. They are your money-saving solution to deterring patients, inmates or students from injuring themselves.
Three safety options:
TIPIT® hospital tips and replacing worn-out hinges with SELECT's geared full surface, half surface or half mortise hinges. Increase safety and save money by salvaging existing doors and frames, and get SELECT hinges' durability that ends repeated repairs..
TIPIT® hospital tips added to new or existing hinges. Order the ligature-resistant TIPIT® with new hinges or save money by keeping existing hinges while making current doorways safer. The TIPIT® fits not only above SELECT brand hinges, but also above most other brands of continuous geared hinges.
- Hospital tip preps for concealed geared continuous hinges (excluding SL71). Aesthetically pleasing. Easy to clean.
LIGATURE-RESISTANT TIPIT ® HOSPITAL TIP
The SELECT ligature-resistant TIPIT® hospital tips fasten securely to the door frame header with Torx® security screws. The ligature-resistant TIPIT® is PATENTED. The metal TIPIT® LM combined with SELECT's SL57 hinge is designed to meet patient safety standards. See us at the OMH link www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/patient_safety_standards/guide.pdf and in the 2018 Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) Design Guide for Behavioral Health Facilities.
- For new or existing SELECT geared continuous hinges (also works with most other brands of geared continuous hinges).
- For SL21 and SL57 full surface hinges; SL53, SL54 and SL77 half surface hinges; SL52 half mortise hinges; SL11, SL14, SL18, SL24, SL26, SL27, SL31, SL38, SL44, SL48 and SL71 concealed hinges; SL41 swing clear hinge.
- Metal TIPITs have an aluminum finish. For polymer TIPITs, choose Gray (G) for clear anodized hinges or black (B) for dark bronze anodized hinges
Black polymer TIPIT® CB
Gray polymer TIPIT® CG
Metal TIPIT® CM
Black polymer TIPIT® LB
Gray polymer TIPIT® LG
Metal TIPIT® LM
The SELECT SL57 full surface hinge topped with our new, patented metal TIPIT® LM is designed to meet patient safety standards. See us at the OMH link www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/patient_safety_standards/guide.pdf and in the 2018 Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) Behavioral Health Design Guide.
HOSPITAL TIP PREP FOR CONCEALED HINGES
NEW AND IMPROVED!
The new and improved SELECT angle-cut hospital tip provides slanted tips and durable polymer end caps that leave no exposed edges.
- Angle-cut hinge preparation for concealed hinges
- For new construction
- Available on: SL11, SL14, SL18, SL24, SL26, SL27, SL31, SL38, SL44, SL48 and SL84.